• Users Online: 105
  • Home
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
Home About us Editorial board Ahead of print Current issue Search Archives Submit article Instructions Subscribe Contacts Login 
Year : 2021  |  Volume : 29  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 9-11

Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using bone-patellar tendon-bone graft through transtibial tunnel: Functional results after 7 years of follow-up

Department of Orthopaedics, ESIC Medical College & Hospital Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal, India

Correspondence Address:
Riddhideb Barman
Department of Orthopaedics, ESIC Medical College & Hospital Joka, Diamond Harbour Rd, Bratachari Gram, Joka, Kolkata 700104, West Bengal.
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None

DOI: 10.4103/ijors.ijors_20_21

Rights and Permissions

Background: The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction is conducted to improve the stability and function of the knee. Bone-patellar tendon-bone (BPTB) graft is still considered as one of the best grafts for ACL reconstruction. The purpose of this paper was to assess outcomes of BPTB ACL reconstruction at 7 years of follow-up. Materials and Methods: This was a retrospective study in which records of 26 patients, who had ACL reconstruction using BPTB graft from 2013 to 2015, were done and the outcomes of results were analyzed by clinical Tegner activity levels and Lysholm score at 6–8 years of follow-up. Results: The follow-up study has revealed excellent long-term results. Approximately 87% of 26 patients had negative pivot shift examination with the remaining 13% having grade 1 ligament laxity. Tegner activity levels were similar to preinjury levels and Lysholm score was 91. All patients were satisfied with the procedure. Conclusion: BPTB ACL reconstruction using transtibial tunnel provides a satisfactory mid-term follow-up outcome.

Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)

 Article Access Statistics
    PDF Downloaded147    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal